If you are looking for a part-time role in a dynamic and progressive sport, with the opportunity to develop your skills and expertise in competitions and events, look no further than Hunter Volleyball. This fixed term contract is ideal for someone looking for consistent afternoon/evening work, providing an opportunity to engage with a growing regional sport community.
About Hunter Volleyball
Hunter Volleyball was Incorporated in 2020, building on almost 50 years of local volleyball history under Newcastle Volleyball Association. The Hunter Region is one of the State’s most popular tourism, education and employment destinations, and Hunter Volleyball is capitalising on overwhelming interest and demand for volleyball in children, teens and adults alike by employing a Competitions Coordinator. This role is essential to support the delivery of an thriving portfolio of participation programs and competitions.
What will I be doing?
You will be the face of the association at our venues three days/evenings per week. You will be responsible for creating a positive member experience, administering our programs and competitions, and contributing to raising the profile of the Association through engaging online content generated from the hundreds of good news stories and volleyball experiences you’ll encounter in any given month. You will work a 20 hour week across set shifts Monday – Wednesday. Additional weekend shift will be available for the delivery of social tournaments.
You can download the Hunter Volleyball 2022 Schedule of programs to see what’s in store this year.
The key tasks include:
Administrative tasks including but not limited to Inbox management, website and social media content management.
Junior program and competition preparation and delivery.
Provision of positive service to members, including listening and responding to member needs in a positive manner.
What does the Club need from me?
- Proven experience as an event coordinator or similar role, working to an established schedule for 2022.
- Availability Monday – Wednesday afternoons/evenings and flexibility around additional weekends for Tournaments
- Administration experience
- Experience with entering and searching data in a Member database
- Experience with Microsoft Teams or Google Apps
- A valid Working with Children Clearance
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation and composure under pressure
- Preferred – Apply First Aid Certification
What’s in it for me?
- Employment within a network of passionate and experienced volleyball associations delivering beach, park, and indoor volleyball programs
- Work in an autonomous role, with career progression opportunities, mentored by experienced events and volleyball program professionals
- Access to on-the-job training
- Regular feedback
- A stable position with consistent rosters and hours in a community-focused environment
- Staff Uniforms
Please download the Position Description for the Essential and Desirable Criteria before submitting an application. Applications close 4.00pm Friday 11 March 2022.