The Senior men’s and women’s representative teams have now completed Phase 1 of their program, featuring training, three tournaments and scrimmage matches against visiting teams.
Phase 2 of the program starts on 29th May with a comprehensive series of training sessions, some social events, inter-club scrimmages and most importantly tournaments between August and November including Volleyball NSW Club Championships (Illawarra and Sydney), Senior State Cup (Sydney), and Good Neighbour (Canberra). See more information on the Phase 2 training and tournament schedule.
The coaches are now recruiting experienced players seeking to join the program to attend a further trial session to be considered for specific positions. Players selected will be expected to adapt to requests by the coaches to play additional positions as needed by the team from time to time. The Trial will be held at the University of Newcastle Forum volleyball courts on Saturday 14th May. Players attending the trial are required to register their interest by completing the following Google Form before Friday 13th May. The following positions are being recruited for Phase 2 programming:
|Trial Time||10.45am – 12.15pm||12.15pm – 1.45pm|
|Positions Available||1. Setter|
2. Opposite hitter – right side attacker
3. Outside hitter – left side attacker, predominantly playing front court
4. Middle – front row attacker and defender
5. Defensive specialist – defender who will serve, predominantly plays back court only
|1. Defensive specialist – defender who will serve, predominantly plays back court only|
2. Outside hitter – left side attacker, predominantly playing front court
3. Middle – front row attacker and defender